Helping young players reach new heights
We're different and we like that. Yeah, our teams have won plenty of tournaments but it's more than that for every coach, player and family in the Olde English program. It's about building a boy into a young man that will make a difference to his team and his community.
The following was written by one of our parents but it sums up everything that we strive for.
While the boys didn't bring home any championships this weekend, they both ended their seasons on a great note. It has been a great season for both their teams. I have loved watching them both grow in the game this past year. They have both learned some valuable lessons that will apply on and off the field.
- You have to put in the work.
- You have to give 100%.
- Not everyone is going to play fair and sometimes you get hurt.
- Refs are going to make bad calls, have biases, but you can't let that determine the outcome of the game.
- Adults can be ignorant and sometimes downright nasty on the sidelines. Tune them out and focus on your game.
- Some days you are gonna be the better team. Some days you're not.
- But playing with heart and grit always wins.
I don't think my boys fully understand how special their club really is. That in tournament clubs, not all have this "family". Not all have these awesome connections and bonds. Teammates aren't always friends and "bruhs". Not all coaches are so invested in their players or care as much as ours do. I am so thankful to be part of such an amazing group of people.
Great season, Olde English Bulldogs! The future is so bright!
If you're looking for a travel program that's committed to seeing your child develop as both a player and a person, come experience OE Lacrosse firsthand.